Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Making Room For God to Become the Air You Breathe

"Making room for God to do as He pleases and then cooperating with Him is the greatest thing we can do to see an increase in signs and wonders" - Bill Johnson.

The song "I Need You More" has the lyrics "I need You more... more than the air I breathe, more than the song I sing, more than my next heartbeat, more than anything.:"

God desires for us to hunger after Him. He wants us to put Him above all else in our lives. I have learned on my journey with Him that He MUST come first. He IS the air I breathe and the water I thirst for. Without air and water we die. When I begin to let other things take me away from my daily time with Him I feel like I am dying. When I look to Him as the Air I breathe and the Water I drink it makes it easy for me to put aside the things of the world and spend time with Him. But that's not even enough. We don't stop what we are doing to  breathe we breathe as we are doing. I want to be so immersed in His presence that a minute doesn't go by without Him being acknowledged. I want my actions to permeate with His love and presence.

In Luke 5:1-11 Jesus had just finished a night of miraculous signs and when He told Simon Peter, James and John to cast out their nets after not catching anything all night they obeyed. Out of their obedience, when they were tired form working all night, they themselves were granted a miraculous catch that almost sunk two boats. Jesus then gave them the invitation to leave everything and follow Him. What is it in our lives that keeps us from dropping everything to follow Him? I believe it's the same thing that the disciples struggled with - fear and unworthiness. Jesus wouldn't call us if  HE believed us to be unworthy, so are we going to call Him a liar and agree with the enemy?

2 Corinthians 5:21 says,"God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him, we might become the righteousness of God". If you have accepted Christ as your savior, you have become the righteousness of God making you worthy of all that He has for you.

As for fear; 2 Timothy 1:7 says,"For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of sound mind.

It is time for the Church, the Bride of Christ, to step into our true inheritance  To lay our lives down for Christ. Invite Him to be the air you breathe, and as you go about your day breathing Him in He will permeate your life till those around you begin to see and feel the love of God. Invite Him to partner with you in all you do; at work, at home, at school, and at play. Wherever God has placed you on this earth let Him reign right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment