Sunday, January 8, 2012

Radical

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. Too many are made and then broken. Ecclesiastes 5:5 says "it is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it" so I don't make resolutions. However I do like to choose one word which helps give me direction for the year. Last year I chose "Passion". I didn't want to be asleep in my faith anymore. I wanted to walk out passion in every aspect of my life. I couldn't just go through the year, day by day, going through the motions. I spent the year passionately chasing after God and what he has for me. This year my word expands on that. My word for this year is "radical". I still want to passionately give myself to Christ but I also want to walk out my life this year in a radical way. I no longer want to be in the box of society. I no longer want to be in the  box of religion. Jesus walked outside the box and broke all the boundaries. God has been working on me to "no longer conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of my mind" -Romans 12:12. I want to pray radically, love radically, take a radical approach to hospitality, serve radically, speak radically, worship radically, and live out a radical faith. (1 Peter 4:7-11) My prayer is for God to show me what a radical life looks like and then for Him to equip me to live it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment