Monday, November 11, 2013

Desires


Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

It's not about what we want or what we want to do. As we grow in our relationship with Christ, our devotion to Him leads us to a point where our desires are nothing. I only want His desires to shine through! Are there still things that I desire? Do I have to give up the desires of my heart? No, I don't think so, but when my desires interfere with His desires then yes, I must give them up. I have a "Daddy" who loves to "give good gifts to his children" (Matthew 7:11), including the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4). First and foremost, though, must be His desires, His will. If I align my life with His desires, soon they actually become my desires. I would love to see the world and travel. It used to be because I wanted to see all the beauty that He created, but not anymore. Now the thought of going somewhere without it being for His glory makes me actually cringe. I desire to be His hands and feet and that's all that matters. Whether I'm traveling to another city,state, or country; or whether I'm going to the grocery store or picking the kids up from school I want it to be in service to my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment