Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Healing Begins Part 3

So now I had a faith vision for our marriage yet we were still going to class and hearing what God was doing but not really seeing it in our relationship. Jason was able to attend most of the classes even working a swing shift (3-11). One of the classes though that he missed was one that caused me to argue with God yet again. Not that I didn't like the lesson but I was upset that it was a lesson I felt Jason really needed to hear. Fear crept in again that Jason wouldn't hear the lesson from me so I began to pray and this is what God told me
Jeremiah 31:2-6
"This is what the Lord says: 'The people who survive the sword will find favor in the desert; I will come to give rest to Israel.'
The Lord appeared to us in the past saying, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness"
-and this was for me and Jason-
"I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, o Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out and dance with the joyful. Again you will plant vineyards in the hills of Samaria; the farmers will plant them and enjoy their fruit..."
Jason returned from his TDY and we sat down and I taught him the lesson. As I was worrying while he was gone, God was softening his heart to hear his word. After teaching the lesson God gave me another passage which is what we both hold toeven today. It is His promise to us.

Joel 2:25-26
"I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten...You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you.”

After that God really began to move. We went through the trials of Jason having a tumor and losing several loved ones, all the while clinging to that verse. During the time we were going through the tumor scare I received a vision from God of Jason speaking to lots of people about marriage and we were in agreement that we were to be in marriage ministry. But if any of you have ever been called you  know that is when you come under attack the most. As we began to walk in that by teaching Married for Life classes, again, our marriage came under attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment